iOS is a mobile operating system created and developed by Apple Inc. exclusively for its hardware. That includes most commonly the iPhone and iPod Touch, but also iPads until the name iPadOS was introduced in 2019. Major versions of iOS are released annually, usually mid September.

Why do we adopt this technology?

At the time of writing (December 2021), iOS is holding around 46% market share in Belgium, compared to Android's 53% market share. Together, iOS and Android cover 99% of today's mobile operating system market.